A Naruto based RPG Forum. Non-canon characters and guaranteed unique system. The epitome of a five year forum RPG tradition.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
- Time and Date -

Week: ZERO
Clock: GMT+0 (No Daylight Savings Time in effect)

- Important Links -
¬ Forum Rules
¬ Behavior Guide
¬ Character Rules
¬ The Stat System
¬ Combat Rules
¬ Clan, Money, & Mission Rules

¬ FAQ
¬ Forum Licenses

¬ Kekkei Genkai, Trades and Talents
¬ Biju and Jinchuriki
¬ Summon Contracts
¬ Sennin Mode
¬ Cursed Seals

¬ Shinobi History
¬ World of NWOTN
¬ Samurai Factions
- Administrators -

TenchiMoriInferintTakaiKitty

- Affiliates -

Facebook

Affiliates

Super Anime RPG Fairy Tail Guild Fairy Tail RPG

Share | 

Kou's Case

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
天地 Tenchi
Admin|Jōnin of Kirigakure

Male
Number of posts : 1242
Forum Position : Head Admin
Humor : Variable

Role-play Sheet
Primary Exp:
11/50  (11/50)
Secondary Exp:
0/0  (0/0)
Tertiary Exp:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Kou's Case   Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:20 am

Ladies and gentlemen of NWOTN, I have a small announcement to make. As many of you you know, Kou recently posted a rather aggressive post in the Questions & Ideas forum, complaining about a conversation between Mike and Cris, in which Mike showed to be happy about his departure to Kumo. While my own personality doesn't allow me to classify it as being an offense, I did understand it could be interpreted as rude to some people and I sent a PM to Mike, and even to Cris, asking them not to repeat the situation. I also sent a PM to Kou telling him that, while I did gave him reason for the situation, the way he approached the situation was wrong, using a public forum for a public problem and exposing a potential flame war type of situation, as well as using profanity in a way I don't approve at all, and as you all know, I'm not the most restrained guy in profanity, so that is saying a lot.

Kou replied and things led to another. We talked through PM and some of his ideas and statements started to annoy me a bit. His attitude was showing to be of arrogance and self righteousness. Ultimately, I decided to do what I had thought of doing awhile back, during the time he was persistently pulling aggro from everyone: I banned him from the forum.

For those of you that would like a more deep insight about this, keep reading bellow. That is the full extent of the conversation. Also, and spoiling the PMs bellow, if there is anyone here that feels treated unfairly, that feels that he is looked down by the Admins, Mods or other members in general, especially if you are a new member, please, tell us, don't be afraid, we don't bite. Also, feel free to post bellow comments on the situation, but be mindful not to turn this into a bash or a flame against someone that isn't here to defend himself. It would also be appreciated if you did the same towards me, in case you feel I acted unfairly. Thank you for your attention.

"Only the strong survive, in this land of strict rules."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
天地 Tenchi

Male

Role-play Sheet
Primary Exp:
11/50  (11/50)
Secondary Exp:
0/0  (0/0)
Tertiary Exp:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Kou's Case   Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:29 am

"From Tenchi to Kou":

"Kou's Reply":

"Kou's Reply PS":

"Tenchi's Reply":

"Kou's Reply":

"Kou's Reply PS":

Back to top Go down
View user profile
天地 Tenchi

Male

Role-play Sheet
Primary Exp:
11/50  (11/50)
Secondary Exp:
0/0  (0/0)
Tertiary Exp:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Kou's Case   Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:29 am

"Tenchi's Reply:

"Kou's Reply":

"Tenchi's Reply":

"Kou's Reply:

"Tenchi's Dismissal Reply":

"Kou's Final PM":

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cris
Jounin
Jounin

Male
Number of posts : 1849
Humor : I hope you all blow up into a glorious wave of confetti.

Role-play Sheet
Primary Exp:
39/60  (39/60)
Secondary Exp:
0/0  (0/0)
Tertiary Exp:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Kou's Case   Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:08 am

Rather Entertaining (Kou's Responses). He kept up the act of being superior to the very end v.v... His comments regarding him plotting my demise were comical, (along with the other comments regarding me).

Honestly, I didn't like Kou at first. I hated him more during my Admin days here due to me having to grade his RP topics. Yet I later decided to get along with him, I tried helping him with his grammar and spelling because I felt bad for always getting on his case..(guess he didn't appreciate that).

Meh. MENSA ONCE MOAR!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard
Chūnin of Konohagakure
Chūnin of Konohagakure

Male
Number of posts : 2685
Forum Position : Event Moderator
Humor : Sanity

Role-play Sheet
Primary Exp:
22/40  (22/40)
Secondary Exp:
12/20  (12/20)
Tertiary Exp:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Kou's Case   Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:36 am

Quote :

NOTE:
This will be a TLDR post, and you will need to read the more TLDR conversation above to understand it most likely. No skimming ya' bums...

Well, on the note of correction I believe I'm an exception to the statement that all the mods or admins came from previous NWOTN versions, but thats not much for direct relation to the subject. On to the more relevant topic, as I believe it's appropriate to clarify where details were not mentioned, the various instances Kou mentions about his chatbox discussions, most of which I was present or involved in, were far from the one-sided bashings that they seem to have been depicted as.

The majority of statements that seemed to upset him were those aimed towards his attempts to teach Saru and to kill off Tifa, both of which I was involved in so I can shed a bit of light on that. Kou wanted to teach Saru an RP skill, which there is no real problem with, except that he is in another village. I more or less told him that meeting up with him to teach the skill was impossible, and explained the various scenarios and how they wouldn't work, along with inquiring if he had the appropriate background knowledge of chakra to teach something like that (which is a valid question, a lot of people don't, I've heard vets of other sites tell me chakra is an external force before so its not far-fetched.) Naturally, this was met with the response that I was trying to control him and decide things because I know everything.

In actuality, its pretty clear that my interjections were to avoid further drama caused by any potential topic he could make or actions taken, and when it boiled down to him saying he'd find a way, I didn't tell him 'No, there is no way' I just stated that if he could find a way to do it without breaking any rules or logic, then that was fine. And despite his insistence that I 'went off my rocker', Its kind of hard to get me riled up, and I was casually drinking my coffee the whole time.

The concern with Tifa was that it broke his alignment and made no sense, plus it would cause drama, and if Tifa didn't fight back that would be labeled as suicide very likely. If she did fight back, interpreting Kou's posts would be difficult, which I said, and mentioning his actual roleplay talent I made it clear the only way he could kill anyone who wasn't willing is if they gave up due to the stress of his posts on their brain. That was in response to him stating he wanted to start killing and needed somewhere to start, I'm not known for my beat-around-the-bush-friendliness, so I wanted to make it very clear that what he aimed for was impossible while still enjoying my usual style of humor. Kou is FAR from the only person who I joke about, he just seems to take greater offense to it than everyone else.

Frankly, I did and will continue to, treat Kou like a child because thats the only way points seem to get across successfully. As others have witnessed, explaining things in my typical fashion leads the conversation into circular logic and increasing tension. Explaining why something is wrong is pointless, so I just started telling him it was wrong and saving myself the debate and effort, which he seems to have interpreted as me commanding him.

Also, sorry, but I really can't help myself from pointing this out:

Quote :

FOrgive me if I had to cover the kage thing since I was once a Kazekage three times running wiht puppets that piss your pants back in my day. @.@ Even with the whole five on one deal that I killed all the kages. (Even with two Uchihas, Hyuuga, Arushi, and the bug clan deal to face off with.

I will make no comments because I can't without flame. Just wanted it to...be there and stuff...in all its glory...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/RAW1993
Nero
Chuunin
Chuunin

Male
Number of posts : 1524

Role-play Sheet
Primary Exp:
21/25  (21/25)
Secondary Exp:
0/0  (0/0)
Tertiary Exp:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Kou's Case   Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:19 pm

Hm, I just wanted to make sure if this is a permanent ban or not? Since I was gone for like a week, I didn't see nuffing but then it is a shame that Kou acted like this since he has been really loyal to NWOTN all this time...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
天地 Tenchi

Male

Role-play Sheet
Primary Exp:
11/50  (11/50)
Secondary Exp:
0/0  (0/0)
Tertiary Exp:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Kou's Case   Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:21 pm

This is a permanent situation, obviously. I wouldn't bother to do this topic in the first place if it was something temporary. Kou was around enough for people to question if he starts missing, so this is the notice.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nero
Chuunin
Chuunin

Male
Number of posts : 1524

Role-play Sheet
Primary Exp:
21/25  (21/25)
Secondary Exp:
0/0  (0/0)
Tertiary Exp:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Kou's Case   Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:28 pm

Ah ok. Well again, it is a shame but can't do nothing about that. Somebody mentioned to me that he had that 'more power' thing going so he probably just snapped. One of the leaf members was supposed to make a new character and he wanted to kill the old one so to look better in front of everyone... since that never happened, he probably just had enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Kou's Case   Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:03 pm

So if he's banned...then why is he still here?
Back to top Go down
Rukasu
Chuunin
Chuunin

Male
Number of posts : 606
Humor : Everyone else...

Role-play Sheet
Primary Exp:
0/25  (0/25)
Secondary Exp:
0/0  (0/0)
Tertiary Exp:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Kou's Case   Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:04 pm

Well Kou is my friend, I really don't understand why a permanent ban is necessary, but you guys are the admins. I know he was going a bit crazy but honestly that was basically his first mess up that snapped him. I know that he was trying to prove a point, but I think he shouldv'e went a different route. Just by reading his messages to tenchi I was blown away by what he wrote.

He said that he was Kazekage on a different site, I was Kazekage on 2.o. I know it was luck, and people voted for me to become Kazekage over Sabimaru [lelouch]. I know that people were not too happy with me being Kazekage due to my skills as an writer. I would be just like kou but I really don't mind starting a character then dying a couple times. I know you guys wouldn't let me to become chuunin, to get any more access to a little more power. I understand that, but I honestly can say that I have become a better role player.

I am sorry for getting off track, but I do understand kou's situation. It is like this that the higher up usually don't really 100% respect the lower ranks, or the people with not that great role play skills. I feel that we should give kou another chance, only because he was very loyal to NWOTN. I would understand if you guys differ from my idea, but I known Kou since he was in Suna in 2.0, I really did not mind kou's presence. Also I would like to add another thing, that he was only trying to open your eyes, and help this site better. For all I know is that everyone would probably be genin forever, and I don't think that would be fair on a lot of people's parts.

I do not want to get into trouble for my post, I am simply posting my own opinion in this matter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
天地 Tenchi

Male

Role-play Sheet
Primary Exp:
11/50  (11/50)
Secondary Exp:
0/0  (0/0)
Tertiary Exp:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Kou's Case   Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:35 pm

Rukasu, that was certainly not his first mess up. You should read my final PM to see all I told him and why I really snapped. In fact, you should read the whole conversation to understand what I was really talking about.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rukasu
Chuunin
Chuunin

Male
Number of posts : 606
Humor : Everyone else...

Role-play Sheet
Primary Exp:
0/25  (0/25)
Secondary Exp:
0/0  (0/0)
Tertiary Exp:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Kou's Case   Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:40 pm

Ok my fault. So he is not coming back? I guess that maybe he would find another site to go to, i do know a couple that he could join but since he is gone, then I wont be able to tell him. I guess I tried to bring him back, but I could fight harder in this situation, but I am going to let it be, cause I know you guys would like a break from him, and I hope he is doing alright. Well I just wanted to state my opinion and that was all.

Maybe he could come back at a later date. Like make a deal with him or something, idk but I just know this site will get quieter as the days goes by.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amaya
Student of Kumogakure
Student of Kumogakure

Female
Number of posts : 296

Role-play Sheet
Primary Exp:
38/75  (38/75)
Secondary Exp:
0/0  (0/0)
Tertiary Exp:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Kou's Case   Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:55 pm

"I believe. Eleven years old if I’m not mistaken '......' comprehend rules and learn to be reasonable."

Hey look at me. I started here at 3.0 when I was 11 and 2.0 when I was 9-ish.... So its not really an age thing and I am sure even younger as starter too, somewhere.

Anyways... What I don't get it the story ( even though it doesn't matter anyways) But didn't he leave to go help out at a farm, because something about some one being ill to the point of death or so? <- I could be wrong but that is what I remember.

And I would say you could have been born/raised here in NM, since this state is pretty stupid compare to other places (I know this from first hand experience)...But I know that isn't the case. Hm I forgot where I was going with this... uh-hm oh well I think I'm done uh-hm i think this might be counted at that flaming stuff and all not sure
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kou's Case   Today at 12:39 am

Back to top Go down

Kou's Case
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1