A Naruto based RPG Forum. Non-canon characters and guaranteed unique system. The epitome of a five year forum RPG tradition.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
- Time and Date -

Week: ZERO
Clock: GMT+0 (No Daylight Savings Time in effect)

- Important Links -
Forum Rules
Behavior Guide
Character Rules
The Stat System
Combat Rules
Clan, Money, & Mission Rules

FAQ
Forum Licenses

Kekkei Genkai, Trades and Talents
Biju and Jinchuriki
Summon Contracts
Sennin Mode
Cursed Seals

Shinobi History
World of NWOTN
Samurai Factions
- Administrators -

TenchiMoriInferintTakaiKitty

- Affiliates -

Facebook

Affiliates

Super Anime RPG Fairy Tail Guild Fairy Tail RPG

Share | 

Massive Update - Genjutsu

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
天地 Tenchi
Admin|Jōnin of Kirigakure

Male
Number of posts : 1242
Forum Position : Head Admin
Humor : Variable

Role-play Sheet
Primary Exp:
11/50  (11/50)
Secondary Exp:
0/0  (0/0)
Tertiary Exp:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Massive Update - Genjutsu   Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:31 pm

As many of you well know, the whole forum is under updates. The most recent focus was, Genjutsu, which we took as a priority due to many characters starting to base of on it and many other character starting to fear it in measures we considered to be too much. In addition, many people did not fully grasped the concept of Genjutsu which led into abuse by these. This is hopefully fixed once and for all.

• Two new rules introduced in order to ensure that Genjutsu users did not use them in a way that was not intended at all. Genjutsu has serious restrictions due to it's characteristic to not be able to be dodged as well as often put a target in a very bad defensive situation.

• Concepts and further explanations on legal targets and areas of effect, when one can target and when it's impossible, what is considered to be "looking at opponent", which has often being reinforced with "facing the opponent". Many other concepts on Genjutsu sub-types, effects and how to affect have been further explained.

• Detailed and drastic review of every single blasted mofoing Genjutsu technique with no freaking most remote chance of exception. If I hear a single question regarding which Genjutsu were changed, that person gets immediately a 1 day Ban from the forum for pissing the hell out of me. This includes a jutsu that has been fully removed (Death Trees, A rank) and one that changed rank (Silent Tree Killing, B -> A). Many other changes were made so... CHECK THEM!

Whit this and what it is mostly intended of you, regardless if you use Genjutsu or not, is that you check it and analyze it because these new rules will make an impact. Genjutsu has stopped being an abusable source of opponent control to which one could abusively attack at will, and is now a strategic weapon in order for one to gain the upper hand or to support a team, hardly considerable to be useful used alone.

Those who have Genjutsu on their accounts and no longer have requirements and wish to get rid of them will be able to do so at full refund until Sunday, November 14th. After that, tough luck, you're on your own son. If you wish to keep a jutsu you have bought but you don't have the requirements for it, it's quite simple, it's a dead jutsu which you may not use until you fit the requirements.

That will be all. Questions related to the subject may and should be posted in this topic (with the exception of that which I mentioned, and I freaking mean it). Post them up so that all people may learn about the answer in case they had the doubt or figure out they had that doubt after looking at the question.

"Only the strong survive, in this land of strict rules."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nero
Chuunin
Chuunin

Male
Number of posts : 1524

Role-play Sheet
Primary Exp:
21/25  (21/25)
Secondary Exp:
0/0  (0/0)
Tertiary Exp:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Massive Update - Genjutsu   Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:20 pm

I'm a bit gutted that the genjutsu have been edited, but I suppose it was about time.
Anyways I just want to inquire about 4 things, mainly minor but still, ones that can cause confusion or ones that I don't agree with.

Quote :
Flare [Shoumeidan]
Genjutsu, Visual, Single Target, C Rank
Requirements: Blurry Vision, 34 Gen
Cost: 18 Cha
A technique that is relatively simple and effective, although it is already a variation of a simpler Genjutsu. After done the required action to cast the technique, the opponent will experience a bright flash of light that blinds them temporarily, making it completely blind. Target gets -20 Dex on Accuracy and Reflex. Lasts for two turns and the target gets 10 Dex back on the second turn. Both user and target must be facing each other.
Special: Cannot be dispelled with Kai.
Gen Power: 16
Maybe a typo, maybe not but what it practically says is that you lose 10 dex permanently? Right? Well I don't quite understand why. Since the blinding light is merely temporarily, your eyes are not affected and would readjust and be generally fine afterwards. I don't really see why you would lose 10 dexterity because of Flare.

Quote :
Limbless Foe Technique [Iiya Eda Kataki no Jutsu]
Genjutsu, Visual & Body Disturbance & Unnatural, Single Target, C Rank
Requirements: 58 Gen
Cost: 20 + 4 Cha/turn to maintain
An illusion where the opponent sees a discoloration and rotten of his skin and flesh, even to the point where their limbs fall off, setting off the feeling that their body is withering away and can no longer be properly used, namely their limbs. The target will not be able to use his arms and will have uncomfortable and painful feeling. Target may not use hand seals or attack or defend using the arms, as well as get a -5 Stm per turn due to strain. If the target is able to realize he is in a Genjutsu, he may be able to force himself to use the arms to form hand seals (in order to release himself from it). Both user and target must be facing each other.
Special: Can be cast through sound or other sources.
There is a quite heavy mention on the inability to use arms though I don't understand why. Surely, causing the target to lose their legs is almost as effective and perhaps even more dangerous for them, since they are most likely left looking in just one direction, unable to dodge most of the attacks and so on... and yet, there is no mention of legs anywhere in the whole description.

Quote :
Demonic Illusion, Shackling Stakes [Magen, Kasegui no Jutsu]
Genjutsu, Visual & Body Disturbance & Unnatural, Single Target, A rank
Requirements: Death View Technique, 86 Gen
Cost: 36 + 3 Cha/turn to maintain
A technique originally created by the Uchiha bloodline Sharingan holders, this jutsu restrains the target using a powerful illusion of large stakes that pierce through the his body, restraining them to the floor and binding them, rendering any movement impossible. If the target is hit by an attack, the jutsu will be dispelled. The user must be able to see the target or know his exact location. User must remain stationary.
Special: While under the effects of this jutsu, the target may not be approached with Area of Effect techniques (explosions, bursts, diverse projectile attacks, etc), or be target of lethal actions.
Gen Power: 45
What bothers me on this one is, that it has no effect. If you are alone without any team mates to support you, you might as well be wasting chakra since you can't move and can't attack... plus the jutsu itself has no effects on the target. Erm. Weak and generally crap, is my opinion. I would think that being impaled by stakes and feeling them go into your flesh, through your body organs, seeing all your blood and shiz spill out would be devastating for the mind. So surely, there would be massive effects on the target once he gets back up, where as right now he would just get up, untouched.

Two other techniques bothered me purely because I didn't think that the effects were strong in comparison to what the jutsu claimed to do. It was the Lung and Water ones, where you were tricked into believing that you can't breathe/your lungs aren't working. Now as far I remember, if your brain thinks that something is not working, it won't work because the brain doesn't tell it to carry out it's function. I maybe be wrong on this note (I'm not a doctor xD) but if this is the case then surely, these two techniques lead to death after maybe 4/5 turns... fainting, maybe though the lack of oxygen for 4/5 turns seems pretty lethal to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
天地 Tenchi

Male
Number of posts : 1242
Forum Position : Head Admin
Humor : Variable

Role-play Sheet
Primary Exp:
11/50  (11/50)
Secondary Exp:
0/0  (0/0)
Tertiary Exp:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Massive Update - Genjutsu   Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:13 pm

1. Flare basically blinds a target with light. The target gets the penalty for a period of two turns. At the second turn, the target gets half back, when the jutsu ends, the whole effect does too. This is to simulate the slow recuperation of vision the target will have after being blinded.

2. Limbless Foe effectively only affects the arms, if not, it would make the target unable to move around which would make the jutsu to be treated differently.

3. Demonic Illusion is a powerful binding jutsu that is effectively for support and not for combat. There is however an alternative to a team which is a rather common approach: Bunshin.

4. The two techniques are not lethal because, I have considered that once the effects were over, the body would return to their normal functions again, not to mention making these jutsu lethal would have them have many other restrictions which would add difficulty to their usage.

Hope this helped.

"Only the strong survive, in this land of strict rules."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Massive Update - Genjutsu   Today at 1:33 am

Back to top Go down

Massive Update - Genjutsu
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1